G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle Empty 73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle

Post by 74stevo Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Hey guys I’m new to the forum, I have a 74 chevelle and recently picked up a 73 Laguna nose. I know the lower mounts are different and I have them but when I went to put the nose on my car nothing at all lined up. The gap from the nose to passenger side fender was about 3/4 inch and the nose sat about half an inch Lower than the passenger side fender and it looked stupid. I was putting a new drivers side fender on as well and when I put the new fender on with the nose on it threw the gaps all off and fender hit the door. I ended up putting the old nose and bumper back on. Anyone else experience this? If so any help would be appreciated, unfortunately I don’t have any pictures because I got mad and took it all off when it wasn’t lining up

74stevo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle Empty Re: 73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:59 pm

First off, welcome! Great to have another g3 owner here on the site. I've done a few 75-76 Laguna nose swaps over the years and the most I've seen as far as misalignment is about an 1/8 inch. Not sure what is going on with your fitment. Has the nose ever been wrecked? Or is the urethane in bad shape? Are your core support bushings in good shape? Pictures would be helpful to diagnose.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 74stevo Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:06 pm

I have a picture of the nose itself and the mounts just not on the car. I don’t do much body work either so it could be something simple I’m missing, I mainly deal with drivetrain so I’m sure it’s something small

74stevo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 74stevo Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:38 pm

73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle 776a1f10
73 Laguna nose on 74 chevelle 5eaf6e10

74stevo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Got any pics of the back side of the Laguna nose? How about pics of your core support?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 74stevo Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:44 pm

Unfortunately I don’t at the moment I can take some of the back of the nose Friday night, it and the car are 2 hours away where all my stuff is I recently moved.

74stevo
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down