G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throttle cable

2 posters

Go down

Throttle cable Empty Throttle cable

Post by Iguy Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Question for anyone using a stock truck LS intake and throttle body or any drive by cable setup, what throttle cable did you use? I read a few people have used a stock truck cable but the firewall end has a round clip instead of square like on our cars and they had to be modified. Also the one picture I saw looked like the truck cable was short and stretched across the top of the intake. I wondered if there was a cable about 24-26" long with square clips at both ends that would work? It's hard to find specs on throttle cables for some reason. Thanks!
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Throttle cable Empty Re: Throttle cable

Post by alowerlevel Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm

I used the stock truck cable that came with my motor. Just took a drill bit to the firewall hole to open it up enough so that the truck cable would snap in nicely. It was actually a little too long so I had to shorten the cable where it attaches to the pedal. Its been in the car like that for 4-5 years now with no issues
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Iguy Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 am

That's what I wound up going with. I squared up the throttle cable end with a file instead of modifying the firewall.
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Do you have a build thread for your car?
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down