G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel injection

4 posters

Go down

Fuel injection Empty Fuel injection

Post by Redsway76 Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:02 pm

thinking about injecting my 76 now i have a 350 .040 over 4 bolt block my question is this....
Should i build that block and buy like a holley or edelbrock injeciton kit?
should i buy an LS type motor or LT motor and drop that in wiring harness and pcm?
or would it be easier to pickup a fuel injection setup heads and all off of a vortec 350 in say a suburban or truck out of a yard ?

any ideas form any one here would be helpful im aware that i would need the an electric fuel pump new lines and possibily a new tank with a return provision. but other than that ive never converted a vehicle before.

and then the last option is go E85 on the carb but scarcity of E85 stations near me and price of that carb is what kind aboots that out but in comparision i guess its cheaper than a FI kit ...
Redsway76
Redsway76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Fuel injection Empty Re: Fuel injection

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:02 am

If you got the money, GMPP is bringing out a series of LS crate motor kits which include EVERYTHING you need from the motor to the exhaust system and they are reasonably priced to boot. Notice I did not say cheap, I said reasonably priced. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 am

If you just wanna stick with what you have, several companies now offer fuel injection kits that seem to work pretty well. The common setup is like a TBI setup. Instead of having to run return fuel lines, however, some of them use an electronic fuel pump that delivers the proper amount of fuel without needing a return line. If I can find any stuff on it I'll post it.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by gcmarchi Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:37 am

Check out this swap we did on the kid's car. We used the 265 c.i. engine, not the 350, but everything applies. We also used the plastic fuel tank from the Caprice (bolts right in) and the Caprice donated the fuel supply line (Malibu line used for return). The 350 LT-1 was in the GM rear-drive big cars from the same years (93-96) so you could find a Caddy with the same driveline that will probably be in much better condition than a Chevy.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/184268
gcmarchi
gcmarchi
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down