G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim

4 posters

Go down

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim Empty WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim

Post by kyle1979 Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Happy day!
I'm searing for the two small vinyl top trim pieces for a 73-77 El Camino with the small/standard vinyl top.  They are like the one posted here:  

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim C57f7d907ca59bed017085a34c76e727--cgi-for-sale

Thanks,
Kyle
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim Empty Re: WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim

Post by 77camino Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:28 am

A couple years ago Joe73 had a set of these. Don’t know if he ever sold them or not. It’s worth a shot asking him.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim Empty Re: WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim

Post by kyle1979 Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I have reached out to him, in the meantime please let me know if anybody else knows of any, or sees any pop up on fleaBay or anywhere else. The guys at El Camino Central indicated i missed out on a pair last week...
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:52 am

Kyle, I have a good passenger side trim piece if you're interested. Here's a pic.

Bill

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim 20170511
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Made an interesting discovery yesterday when out at my favorite haunt.  There was a '73 and a '75 Elkie with vinyl tops.  However, the edge trims were different.  Shown is a pic of the driver side from each.  The shorter one is from the '75...longer one from the '73.  Were the pillars a different shape between the years?  Or, did they bring the vinyl down lower on the '73's?  Maybe short one was dealer installed as it does not have the same surface contour; nor, the same shiny finish.  Although, it does have rolled edges for attaching to body clips...and, ends were also rolled as though it were factory (not just a piece of flat stock that was cut off at the ends).  They were too far apart at the yard and I was just too tired from trudging around there all day to run back to compare body lines/vinyl tops.

WANTED - El Camino Vinyl Top chrome trim Elkiev10
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Very interesting. Mine appears to be the same as the lower one and mine is on a 74 El Camino.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down