G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grand prix rear seat.

3 posters

Go down

grand prix rear seat. Empty grand prix rear seat.

Post by Dead Man Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:24 pm

sorry to sound like a broken record but anything for these cars are hard to come by in alabama,and they seem to be sold out from under me. but was needing to know if the 73 grand prix 2d rear seat will fit in the 73 ss 2dr. ive finally sourced another. wish a member had a nice set not to high and could ship cheap it would save the headache lol. thanks
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

grand prix rear seat. Empty Re: grand prix rear seat.

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:21 am

This probably isn't the definitive answer you're looking for, but I'm 99% sure the rear seats in any '73-'77 "A" body are interchangeable. Have I actually done the GP seat swap? No. But, I seriously doubt anyone on here has, either.

Man...if you were closer, I'd have you fixed up in a heart beat. But, cost to ship those would be SUBSTANTIAL!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am

yeah shipping sux, ive seen lots of bigger ticket items posted on here that I would be all over but they've always been 3 or 4 states away lol. but as I type I have another lead on a monte rear seat that I know works. wish me luck, and thanks for the reply.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:46 am

I go over to AL sometimes. I have a nearly perfect set of seats from a 73 Laguna if you want to try it.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:00 am

I just got back from my all day trip, i got the rear seat from a monte carlo 74. i noticed the backrest on the rear, one side is bowed out at the top a good bit more than the other is this normal, or should i just bend it back in shape.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am

Bend it back the best you can. Whoever removed it went "gorilla" on getting it to release at the top on that side. Once installed, the clips should hold it in it's original shape.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down