G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth it?

+3
Hawk03
Mcarlo77
BBMALIBU
7 posters

Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 am

Wow! I guess he wants it gone!
I think everyone has thought this about a car they were selling at some time or another.
https://janesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/F***-this-car-reduced-price/6234374437.html
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 am

Seems like a nice car. Wonder why he hates it so much?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 am

What's with the F bomb? It seems like an okay car, not sure why it hasn't sold. I'd still only offer him around $7k. Is the guy being difficult?
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am

thatfnthing wrote:Wonder why he hates it so much?

If its as nice in person as it is in the photos.....its probably worth it.

I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 am

: I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.

Would have just the opposite effect on me as a Buyer. I'd be wondering what's going on with the car to make someone that pissed off.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
: I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.

Would have just the opposite effect on me as a Buyer.  I'd be wondering what's going on with the car to make someone that pissed off.

I agree, especially since its been listed for the last couple of months. It would also make me think, as a buyer, that I could offer way lower than he wants since he is writing that he hates the car and wants it gone.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

This guy started at $15,000 way more than a year ago. The F bomb Sales tactic is a interesting take. But I think he really thought the 454/4 speed and special seats was going to give him a Mopar type all original, 440 Hemi, dog dish response by buyers and it was going to rain money. Its probably f-ing  frustration. The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.

That's why I don't bother with any show there'll be a 'judge' at -- the fix is already in. Just like dog shows -- the same breeds always win.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:This guy started at $15,000 way more than a year ago. The F bomb Sales tactic is a interesting take. But I think he really thought the 454/4 speed and special seats was going to give him a Mopar type all original, 440 Hemi, dog dish response by buyers and it was going to rain money. Its probably f-ing  frustration. The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.

You couldn't be any more correct on the judging. That right there is why I don't pay to enter small local shows. Cruise ins are just fine with me. On the subject of the car. I think he needs a bigger audience. Get it on ebay and get better exposure. When I was looking I searched within about a 300 mile radius on CL and gave up and went to ebay. I know their can be games played on ebay as much as CL.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Agree w/ SStoolman.

That car should be on Hemmings. Their audience is more of the collector that's interested in rarity and numbers.

I'm not 100% but I think that car was bought off ebay for about what he's asking.
It appears as if someone thought he was gonna make big bucks on a quick flip and found out otherwise.

I think it's worth what he's asking. Problem is that most guys that would buy it already have a their car.

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 pm

I don't know if you guys remember this one, red 74 Malibu original 454 4 speed car?   It sold in mid-end August I was on vacation in Virginia watching  my Daughter Graduate and receive a commission as 2nd Lieutenant in the Army National Guard.  The 74  dropped to $6000  on CL and was gone after about 4 days. I wasn't home so there wasn't anything I could do about it.
Sorry to say my plan would have been to swap out my 350 automatic for the original 454 4 speed  and all that goes with it in that car into my SS. The  perfect dash would have been a nice bonus. Then I would have put my SS motor/trans in the 74 and sold it for $3500 to $4500
Its probably a good thing I didn't buy it.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down