G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full floor pan for 73 Chevelle

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Full floor pan for 73 Chevelle Empty Full floor pan for 73 Chevelle

Post by Daverearl Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:51 pm

I started cutting into my 73's floors thinking I would be able to get away with just replacing all 4 sections. But its worse than I thought, somebody did a real hack job on it and it needs the whole thing from the firewall to the trunk. I cannot find a full floor pan any where. Does anybody make them? Is it possible to get a pan for a 68-72 A body and make it work?

Daverearl
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Full floor pan for 73 Chevelle Empty Re: Full floor pan for 73 Chevelle

Post by Joe73 Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Dave, I returned your pm.

I've never seen a full floor for our cars. No less the 73-74 style since the 75 and later are a little different on the seat crossmember.

68-72 are different, if I remember correctly they have floor braces underneath the pan.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 am

Think the best you can hope for is a rust-free used one that is cut in half. I did this to a '76 Regal a few yrs ago and was able to remove it from the car that way without separating the body from frame. Even if somebody could provide a full panel, the cost to ship something that large would be ridiculous.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Yes, the cost is killer on these things. I've had a couple inquiries about my seat crossmember and rear seat panel but the shipping cost is way more than what I want for the part.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:00 am

Same thing If you live in Europe like me. Everytime i see a killer deal, or need something Big. The project gets killed because of the freight cost, and the taxes involved in importing things outside eu. We even get to pay tax of the freight too. So a 100 dollar part is transformed into a 500 dollar part. That sucks
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down