G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week.

3 posters

Go down

Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week. Empty Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week.

Post by Wallyuph Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Well she's a little Dirty after driving in the rain for 5 hrs.
Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week. <a href=Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week. Img_6310" />

My favorite Uncle past away and lives in Spring field IL. He was a big Corvar car fan and has a few of them in persistent condition. I picked my 76 year old Mother and we headed off. It was beautiful on the way out and was 82 degrees while we were there. The way home was raining through Chicago. We averaged 21MPG with A/C on went 1100 miles not one problem at all.  My mom had a 1972 Cutlass for years and she said my car road way better than hers ever did.

Will be back that way next June as planning to drive route 66 next June 2017.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week. Empty Re: Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week.

Post by Damon23 Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:16 am

That's really cool. Sorry to hear about your uncle though. I've been going thru mine as I want to drive it to Daytona Beach for the Turkey Rid Run in a few weeks. I get nervous about these old cars but they are simple and any mechanic can fix them. It's 425 miles one way plus the four days of driving. Back in 99 I flew up to Chicago and picked up a 65 Catalina Convertible from a guy in West Chicago. Drove it home without a single problem.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week. Empty Re: Feeling great about 1100 mile road trip this week.

Post by Wallyuph Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:54 am

Damon23 wrote:That's really cool. Sorry to hear about your uncle though. I've been going thru mine as I want to drive it to Daytona Beach for the Turkey Rid Run in a few weeks. I get nervous about these old cars but they are simple and any mechanic can fix them. It's 425 miles one way plus the four days of driving. Back in 99 I flew up to Chicago and picked up a 65 Catalina Convertible from a guy in West Chicago. Drove it home without a single problem.

Thats Cool Damon, My Mom was surprised at how many thumbs up we get and every where we stop people come up to us and ask questions about the car. It was so funny to hear her say yes my son painted the car. As I'm bald and grey now at 52 years old so they thought we were a couple and not son and mother. My mom is very young looking. it was hoot for both of us.

I have driven the car for past 5 years like a everyday car and would not hesitate driving it anywhere.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:20 am

My car has given me hell for the 8 months that I've owned it but I think I've finally got the bugs out of it and can enjoy driving it. For a while it was literally one thing after another. I have something up my sleeve which is forcing me to put it up for sale but if I don't then I won't be unhappy. If I can pull of the Daytona road trip with no issues then I may want to scrap the deal I want to do.

I want my car to have no trim on it like yours. Of course I want to go the nostalgic stock car without all the stickers look for mine.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:47 am

That sounds great. My car is a one off. I decided I was going to make it just for me and not worry what others think about it. I get grief for the camaro hood scoops bling and the wing on the back. The dash started to crack two years ago as I did not use enough fiberglass mat just the mold fabric. It cracked on the first doughnut I did on asphalt. I have plans to redo it when it gets really bad. I don't like the A/C vents as they only move left or right not up and down. But for now its just so much fun to drive.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:38 pm

My Malibu looks like yours, almost the same color ( Firethorn red) and no trim. The trim along the bottom was in not-too-good condition, and same on the Elco, so both are bare !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down