G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I check the suspension? SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+4
Hs1973
clanceman427
pila
fasrnur
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do I check the suspension?    SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: How do I check the suspension? SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ant7377 Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Check your torque convertor bolts too torque to 65 lbs.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

How do I check the suspension?    SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: How do I check the suspension? SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Damon23 Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:30 pm

That is a good point. When I got the car it would not shift until it got to a high rpm. Found the vacuum line to the trans not hooked up and the fluid was low. After the suggestions i've got so far I wouldn't put it past the PO not to install it correctly.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Worked on the swapping out the tired front springs today and did some more digging around. I replaced the passenger side tie rods and sleeve and that tightend things up a bunch. But after that I could see the joints in the drag link moving so I got on rock auto and ordered up a new drag link and tie rods and sleeve for the driver side. It was eating me up that the other side was not new even though they feel fine. Ball joints are good so I greased them and called it a day. I'll take it down the road tomorrow to see if their is any improvement but with the drag link having some play in it now I'm thinking that is my culprit. It looks like either the factory front springs were heated up or just worn out cause usually you have the flat part that goes to the top and the spiral part that is the bottom. Well both top and bottom were flat on the old ones.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 pm

It rides a bunch better now but their is still a small shake coming from up front. I'm thinking the other tie rod ends and the center link should clear that up. I also stopped at summit today and got new sway bar bushings and end links. Boy, those things were hammered. I knew the end links were bad but the bushings were way bad. I feel i'm getting close.
How do I check the suspension?    SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 88478875-1912-4805-8CC2-696F05F8B66D_zpsn6yybdgc

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

I went to summit racing and picked up two new tires and still had a issue. After all this work I was not happy. Turns out to be four out of round tires. The two rears were bad and I replaced them. The two in the front were not all that bad but unbearable driving at 60mph. If you are in Georgia then Weaver Brake and Tire in Marietta is the place to go. He trued the tires and only took off a little. Indexed them and road force balanced them. It is amazing. Night and day driving down the road. So smooth even at 65-70. All that work that I did with the steering parts needed to be done eventually but those new to me tires were just out of round.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:49 pm

What brand of tires do you have?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Were the bad ones coopers?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Cooper Cobra's. I've heard they are soft and flat spot easy. I guess I need to make sure I get it out more and drive it.

See my other thread in general discussion about the wheels and tires.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

I have them on mine too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Dammit they are maybe a year old
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:36 pm

The code on mine was 2915 which is 29th week of 2015 which breaks down to middle of July.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2