G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well might be for sale..........

5 posters

Go down

well might be for sale.......... Empty well might be for sale..........

Post by moneypit73 Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 pm

well, might be selling the buick after ten years. been a damn good car, just got the itch for something different. got a 455 sittin. thinking massive weight reduction. 78-88 cutty. might even put it in the GS. i dunno. if it dont see a solid 14 sec pass this sat, i think im gonna shoot it!! Suspect
moneypit73
moneypit73
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

well might be for sale.......... Empty Re: well might be for sale..........

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 am

hey money how bout a middle 80's cutty tubbed and built already NO MOTOR /TRANS.....

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 am

You could gut the Buick you already have! lol!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:16 am

He still wont have the weight reduction he wants to get like switching to the cutty of the 80's almost half the weight of our cars......... till he gets in then well afro afro lol! lol! afro afro

just playin moneymaker

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 am

I still say he needs to keep the car! lol!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74maroonmonte Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Money, I'm over at V8Buick.com a lot too and I've seen your posts about selling your car.
I can see why. But I think solid 14's aren't impossible for these cars.
I read on the Buick forum you adjusted the timing and could really feel a difference. I assume you did some 'power tuning' to the distributor?

Let us know have things went on the track! I love your ride. They're heavy, but I just love these Century's!
I hope mine will be anywhere near as quick as yours in the future (still in the middle of a Buick 350 engine build)
74maroonmonte
74maroonmonte
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:46 pm

IndyG3 wrote:I still say he needs to keep the car! lol!

I AGREE WHOLE HEARTADLY HE SHOULD KEEP IT, BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT IF ITS JUST GONNA SIT WHILE HE BUILDS ANOTHER PROJECT, IT WOULD TIME TO PASS IT ON TO ANOTHER ENTHUSIAST

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by moneypit73 Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 pm

74maroonmonte wrote:Money, I'm over at V8Buick.com a lot too and I've seen your posts about selling your car.
I can see why. But I think solid 14's aren't impossible for these cars.
I read on the Buick forum you adjusted the timing and could really feel a difference. I assume you did some 'power tuning' to the distributor?

Let us know have things went on the track! I love your ride. They're heavy, but I just love these Century's!
I hope mine will be anywhere near as quick as yours in the future (still in the middle of a Buick 350 engine build)
thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! yea,did some tuning on the carb an dist. seems like i hit on something good! car really responses well through out the power band. also, as weird as it sounds, im short shifting from first to sec at 4700 an sec to third at 4900-5000. BIG DIFFERENCE. feels like i switched the gear!! find out on sat for times. dit is really dialed in, or so it seems. keeping my fingers crossed. if it stays consisitant, time for a little go-go juice next yr!!
moneypit73
moneypit73
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 pm

damn dude, what the hell why is everyone selling their G3s? You know youll never be able to get as much out of it as you want.

What motor is in it?

We got our 73 Malibu to go 14.7@88 and then 15.7@98 blowing the one tire off. The 14.7 was a better pass but shifted to neutral at the 1000ft thats the reason for the 88mph. It was just an stock old truck motor 454 with a tiny cam and a holley carb, headers, flowmaster 50s, th400 3000 stall and peg leg 2.73 gears.
Tires were 225/70/14s cooper cobras
Car weighed in around 4000lbs

Now im sure yours is heavier but do you have a 350 or a 455 or what?

well might be for sale.......... SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by moneypit73 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:58 pm

10.5 comp rebuilt, with comps cam,springs,lifters,heads decked 20thou, mild porting, 70 intake gasket matched,750 q-jet, modded big time,hooker supercomps,,2.5 exhaust,flowpros,2800 stall,3.42 posi holly blue pump, accel dist, NOW, accel coil, accel 8.8 wires,all in a 350 BUICK. been together for 5 yrs, now. sat for 2 of them. no cash for trans a rear end. altogether for 2 yrs, just chasing down gremlins. carb was screwed, then burned up a converter, got another,dist went to crap. FINALLY got it power timed, good dist, carb tuned, wireing issues,bla bla bla. runs great now. time to sell??? needs paint . if i get it painted, im keepin it for sure.
moneypit73
moneypit73
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down