G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

striker bolt

+2
Mcarlo77
riddick75
6 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

striker bolt  Empty striker bolt

Post by riddick75 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:46 pm

the 77 body seems to have a metric M12-1.75 striker bolt, the 1/2-13 won't thread in and I cant seem to find any through the aftermarket. has anyone come across this as well. seems like just the 77 as well. the 75 has the standard thread pitch. any advise for finding the right one would be appreciated, the top is ground down and I was hoping to get the doors mounted and somewhat aligned this week.
riddick75
riddick75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

striker bolt  Empty Re: striker bolt

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:54 pm

You be correct, Amigo...they went metric in '77.  The Parts Place sells them...but, better hang on to your bloomers 'cuz they ain't givin' 'em away!  They want $89/each for them.  Ecklers and a couple other online sites are selling them for a much discounted $76/ea...lol!  Here's your part numbers:

GM "20004286 superceded by "12457607

Looks like it's time to harvest some good ones if I come across any.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 pm

I got a couple off my local NAPA dealer. They were with the generic "GM" door repair parts hanging on an end cap. Not an exact match, but works great for less than $10 a piece.
77ElClassic
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Try some of the independent non chain parts stores, if there are any left in your area. I've found some odd-ball stuff at my local one. Look on the end caps as mentioned above. The local NAPA closed here. kinda sucks
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 am

Yeah the NAPA store in my town is struggling, the only reason it is still open is because they deliver to all the small backyard garage shops in the area. I think our NAPA will die if it doesn't expand its hours to match O'Rilly and Advance Auto in the next town 8 mi away.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by marx3 Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Caprice / B-body has Metraic striker form 77 to early 80's. Didnt know A-bodies got metric strikers too. Cursed! WHY!! 89$ a piece is crazy :-) I need 4 for my 79 Caprice too.
marx3
marx3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Permissions in this forum: