G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sedan Seats and Fold Forward?

2 posters

Go down

Sedan Seats and Fold Forward? Empty Sedan Seats and Fold Forward?

Post by sportster_restorer Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm

On a recent junkyard jaunt, I found a really nice set of leather Cadillac CTS seats with the built-in seat belts. The leather was in good shape, a light gray color that could be easily dyed to match the red interior in my 74 Laguna. I sat in the driver's seat and it was very comfortable. Pretty sure both were power which isn't a requirement for me. I would be ok with the lighter weight of manual seats. The price the guy told me was awesome. This was one of those pick-and-pull places and I didn't have any tools with me as I was out on other errands when I stopped in. So I didn't take the seats but made a mental note.

After getting home it dawned on me that the CTS was a sedan i.e. a 4-door. I'm pretty sure that means the seats don't fold forward. So chit, I'm wondering if I'm out of luck. Has anyone used sedan seats on a 2 door G3? Although I can't remember the last time anyone ever rode in the back seat of any of my 2-door cars, at least the seat was there and otherwise accessible even for groceries or packages.

Other seats I found at the yard were last gen Monte Carlo/Grand Prix and Cobalt seats from coupes. Also I found 3rd gen Camaro/Firebird seats but I"m afraid these sit too low. The reason I targeted all those is they have that bracket on the headrest that keeps the damn shoulder belt from cutting into my neck. I'm pretty sure the Caddy seats with the built-in seat belts won't hit my neck wrong.

So has anyone used sedan seats? If so was there a way to make them fold forward or otherwise keep access to the back seats?

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Sedan Seats and Fold Forward? Empty Re: Sedan Seats and Fold Forward?

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Why not search for the Same seats but from a 2 door version of the Cadillac ??
I know some guys Have used Monte Carlo Buckets from a like a 2000

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by sportster_restorer Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 pm

That yard didn't have any CTS coupes. I don't actually remember ever seeing a 2 door CTS at a yard. Guess folks who can afford them don't wreck them.

That get me to thinking. GM in its infinite wisdom probably used the same basic seat design for coupes as sedans. I've kind of seen that with the Cobalt seats. So I'm wondering if it's just a little mod that would make the seat fold forward?

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down