G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS!

+24
Iggy
Hawk03
thatfnthing
76 Malibu
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Zaptiah
fasrnur
TW Monte
Hs1973
ant7377
Damon23
Circuit Rider
77mali
99B4C
75Pontiac-Pride
77cruiser
Dinomyte
marks454ss
driveit
bitterfitter
pila
Joe73
dynchel
1973montec
28 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS!

Post by pila Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:23 am

Outstanding !! Very Happy And having done it myself, I know how much work it was ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS!

Post by thatfnthing Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:48 am

Awesome work, as always! Can't wait to hear the review on well those seats ride -- my wife got one look at those and wants 'em. Which ProCar model were they?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys.

"ant7377" : those are stock rear springs. but , conversing the member " thatfnthing" I am going to "steal" his set up though.

"thatfnthing" : These are Rallye Series seats from Procar , http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
I search around and found best price at Summit.

These are more comfortable what little time I have spent in them as they do recline. The swivels as we all know do not and on long rides are not " that " comfortable. What I have found so far as well ...is that the side bolsters are rather high and makes it a little bit of a chore to get out...
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:22 am

Impalamonte - Just saw this old post and had to say I love the car. Looks like you spent alot of time getting it right. We all can only hope ours turn out as nice. How hard was it to put that motor trans combo into the car? Alot of wiring and tweeking or no?

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I really love this 73. Just added it to the list of cars I want to own someday.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 am

Bitterfitter , driveit....thanks for the compliments. Bitterfitter, the install was not that difficult. Wiring was very clean as i used a Painless harness for the LT1. Easy instructions and tech. support when needed. This motor is based on OBD 1 configuration. I brought the computer inside the car installing it on top of the glove compartment in the dash.So the only wiring really seen is to the injectors. All wiring was wrapped with convoluted tube. I probably have 20 hours in the wiring alone just hiding a better part of it. Just recently I had the computer tuned by an outside resourse to maximize the parameters based on my few mods including tire size,gearing. Aggrevation has really ben minimal.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:59 am

I think I have an hour or two in on the wiring for your car, also. Very Happy
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Agreed...you have been a tremendous wealth of wiring help in area that i am weak.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 99B4C Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:13 pm

impalamonte, your Monte looks awesome!  What did you use for the body bushings?

99B4C
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by marks454ss Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 am

Beautiful car. You sure do nice work.
marks454ss
marks454ss
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you both for the compliments.
Coppermonte..at the time that I removed the body from the frame those pieces were in real good condition so i didnt replace. There is subject matter here on the forum in relation. As i recall,some guys are substituting the kit made for earlier A-bodies. But cant remember from what retailer.
I have been following your progress...I like everything you have done to update the car and look forward to more of your progress posts.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Just read this from start to finish. WOW! is all I can say. This is impressive. I really like the colour.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks Dinomyte.
Currently having my winshield Chrome refinished. Not much else to do over the winter exept order parts and " wait-it-out" for warmer weather!
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Empty Update 2015: 1973 Monte body of frame resto

Post by impalamonte Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Over the last few weeks I have added some updates with the coming of warmer weather...

Winshield moulding has been powder coated with clear after it was polished to a mirror finish.

Viking Double adjustable coil overs for the front along with a B-BODY 12" brake upgrade.
  For the rear , drum to disc conversion utilizing a 11"  kit from Right Stuff Detailing.

I haven't had the opportunity to "test" any of the new equipment as currently I am awaiting shortened SS hard lines
  for the rear to connect to the braided rear caliper lines. Then bleed the system.

I am not expecting overwhelming stopping power ! I am realistic...its still a heavy car guys. Easier , predictable
 driveability ( in braking )   was the goal.

Complete conversion was extremely simple both front and rear...just time involved. You get under there and start
  finding other stuff to freshen while there !!!!

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Scanne10
Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Scanne13
Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 Dsc03310
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Beauty! Really nice! Cant wait to see it all complete.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Very cool almost there Buddy, Betcha getting itchy driving feet for this !!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Looking really NICE!

Are those new backing plates on the wheel hubs? Where'd you get those?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:34 pm

77 Mali

The backing plates are the originals. Cleaned up , sanded and painted.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks, they look pretty dang sweet. I will prob restore mine too but yours looked so nice in the photo's I was kinda hoping they were replacements and inexpensive. Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Nice job on the Monte!!!
77cruiser
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 75Pontiac-Pride Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Wow, awesome work, really turned out NICE!

75Pontiac-Pride
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Able to get an early start this spring I updated my A/C to 134A . New condenser , Cycling POA , Trinary switch to control the elec. fans. All new hoses routed to be "mostly" hidden.
 Cleaned up some odds and ends in the engine bay.
  New wheels and tires.
  18 x 9.5 rims , 255/50 tires.
 May need to pull the front end down another 1".

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 20160612

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto. Now with LS! - Page 2 20160613
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Very nice! The way cars should have been made then and now. Simple and clean. The "B" brake conversion, what years fit on the Monte's and Chevelle/Malibu's?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:57 am

Mine are from a 94 Caprice.
Others my want to chime in on this...78 and up.
Be aware, late model Impala SS incorporated the
5/8" ball joint. Others , the 9/16".
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 99B4C Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Very, very nice Monte, my inspiration for sure! 18x9.5 all around with four 255/50/18?

99B4C
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next