G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Eliminator Malibu

3 posters

Go down

Stock Eliminator Malibu Empty Stock Eliminator Malibu

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUgE-Qpuv-w

I believe this car is a K/SA car with an NHRA index of 12.95.  Being that it is from Europe I would believe the index to be similar.  Not bad for a 74 350 that has to maintain "mostly" stock specifications.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Stock Eliminator Malibu Empty Re: Stock Eliminator Malibu

Post by dynchel Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 am

I like it.  It does have a different combo of parts, small quarter windows with chrome mirrors (instead of sport) and no rub strips on the bumpers.  Like it has a malibu classic body with base model parts.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 am

I'm thinking over there, you build them with whatever parts are available. But who knows, it could have been built over here and shipped there. I did see the video of the first start on the engine with the Stock eliminator mandated cast iron intake and q-jet.
Considering all they are allowed is the stock 1.94/1.50 casting heads and the stock LIFT cam which is either .390/.410 or .401/.401 depending on hp rating, it is pretty impressive.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by StockEliminator Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:01 am

What a neat surprise to see my video posted here Very Happy !

Yep, it's a K/SA car, with 12,65 NHRA index. The best ET so far is 12,369, but we are doing some modifications for 2014 season. The final gear was 5:13 and we'll change it to 5:38, as our 60 FT times have been a bit too slow during the last season.  
And Stock Eliminator rules are identical to NHRA rules in here.

Those quarter windows are modified already in the USA somewhere between '74 and '89 (approximately) when the car was shipped to Finland. Last winter we had to do some fixing, as old Bondos were cracked. We removed the cracked Bondo and re-did the bodywork on them. The whole car might get painted at some point, but we didn't have the time or money last winter, so we just painted the areas black. Actually I think it looks pretty good like that, too.
The mirrors and bumbers are just like they were when the car arrived. Actually here in Finland we have lots of American Car fanatics and lots of speed shops that offer a great number of parts and accessories. And of course they order if something is not in stock. So basically, there would be no need to build a car from what you have.

I'd post a picture of the car as it came in Finland, but looks like new members aren't allowed to do it in 7 days. Well, we'll have to wait a while, then.
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:51 am

Welcome to the site. My friend has an H/SA 69 nova here, and I have seen the YEARS of effort they put in to get it to run based on the rules. So I have complete respect for what you have done so far. As far as building the car from what you have, I meant that about the body assuming that Chevy parts for a 70's malibu would not be readily available over there. I have a hard time finding parts in the US . Sure the speed parts can be ordered. I bet the shipping is a killer though!!!!!!!
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by StockEliminator Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:45 pm

These Stockers are really not the easiest cars possible, but they are definitely the coolest.  Cool  You're correct about the body parts. They usually need to be ordered from the USA. Shipping is not very cheap, that's true, too.

The amount of American Cars in Finland is surprisingly big, considering that we have only a bit over 5 million people in here.

Thanks! Very Happy 
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down