G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops

+2
Bruisr
DoctorLarry
6 posters

Go down

73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops Empty 73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops

Post by DoctorLarry Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

I can't remember who this belonged to, but it was someone in California, I think. Camaro rear spoiler molded to the car, T Tops, and Grand Am window louvers fitted to the large triangular side windows. A great job.73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops DSCN1382_zps336525c3

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops Empty Re: 73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops

Post by dynchel Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm

I notice no back up lights either. And the bumper is notched for tailpipe clearence and finally the trunk emblem has been relocated....Looks cool.

Last edited by dynchel on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added details)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops Empty Re: 73 Laguna with rear spoiler, Grand Am window louvers, and T Tops

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Too cool! Excellent job!What kind of tires are those? They look like old-school belted tires judging by the sidewall/tread interface.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 pm

That pic looks like it's from 1985 at the latest...
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I bet he is running the pro-trac tires from that time. I really like the way those tires looked when I had a set.  Very expensive now!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Thats about the time those style tires were discontinued if they're nylon belted and my facts are in order.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:32 pm

My neighbor bought protrac 50's in the early '90's from super shops (remember them) to put on his '86 grand prix. He wanted the pro trac's because they were really wide and looked good on his deep dish cragar ss's. Did I mention the grand prix was a 3.8 v6? Ah the good old days...
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Amen brother,
I definitely remember SuperShops.They sponsored a Top Fuel dragster that broke into the 4's first if I remember correctly.The driver had a horrific accident and survived.Anyways back to the 73 Laguna,I always thought about all 4 taillights being lit permanently on my 73 "boo" but never got to that project.I wonder if that guy ever figured out where to put his reverse lights?

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Haw!Just caught the 6-cylinder nugget,what a riot!Did he jack the A$$-end up so high you could see screaming yellow ladder bars?Lotsa fun back then...

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 pm

I bought a lot of parts from super shops, they were the only place that had a lay-away program. Bought several pairs of pro tracs from them.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:49 am

fishhead wrote:Haw!Just caught the 6-cylinder nugget,what a riot!Did he jack the A$$-end up so high you could see screaming yellow ladder bars?Lotsa fun back then...

No ladder bars. Just deep dish cragars with pro trac tires.  Of course it had the other requisite stuff for a high school car...painted drums+calipers, and fog lights behind the grille.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 am

I like the exhaust through the bumper.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I absolutely agree the bumper cuts are a nice touch.I'm considering cutting horizontal oval holes in mine and sticking flat oval tips through them.All black of course.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Go for it man, and get us some pics!!!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:04 pm

that velle looks very cool
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down