G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anybody try a streetfire distributor?

+6
badbiscayne66
moneypit73
The Dude
IndyG3
JB2wheeler
novaderrik
10 posters

Go down

anybody try a streetfire distributor? Empty anybody try a streetfire distributor?

Post by McCauley5983 Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:52 pm

i need to get a new distributor because they dont want to sell me quality parts to fix the one ive got and plus it looks a.f.u.ed anyways. id like to get msd hei distributor but there a little to expensive. just wandering if anybody knows anything about the offbrand of msd streetfire? part # are msd 8362 and streetfire 8360 there is almost a 300 dollar price difference and i already have the msd cap, coil, and rotor button that i could easily swap to the streetfire distributor. any help would be greatly appreciated.
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

anybody try a streetfire distributor? Empty Re: anybody try a streetfire distributor?

Post by novaderrik Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:32 pm

i've got one of them on my Monte, and i don't have anything bad to say about it except for it being made in china.
it looked and felt like a quality part, and the mechanical advance is steady and gives a reliable 20 degrees of advance. the adjustable vacuum can is nice, too.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

anybody try a streetfire distributor? Empty Re: anybody try a streetfire distributor?

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm

if you wanna stick with a hei for your car a guy on another site i am on is sellinghis HEI for he went to mas 7al box and went racing instead so he has this one for sale no price but i bet it would inexspensive

http://maliburacing.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2353&mode=view

http://maliburacing.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2354&mode=view

http://maliburacing.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2352&mode=view

and he is in alabama but said he would ship at your cost

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:38 pm

I don't know, the last two MSD products that I bought were junk. One was a bad MSD coil & then more recently I bought the Streetfire coil with an MSD cap & rotor. The coil & rotor were fine, but something was up with the cap. It made my truck have an odd misfire like it was loading up. I swapped back to the old cap with no more problems.

From here on out it's either Accel or Mallory for me.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:48 pm

this is not the msd dist

thats what he ended up going with

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 02, 2009 5:08 pm

hey billy -ray his is the same dist i am running currently with no probs he wants 100 spot for it he wont ship but he is local ...........I could pick it up and ship to you if wanted??

anybody try a streetfire distributor? DSCN1340

anybody try a streetfire distributor? DSCN1341

anybody try a streetfire distributor? DSCN1339

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat May 02, 2009 6:07 pm

dont see tach drive often anymore but not really a mallory fan........bad luck with them
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 02, 2009 6:19 pm

I have ran mallory dist in everything I have had with never any probs

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat May 02, 2009 6:34 pm

MSD for me
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat May 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Mallory used to be the best 50 years ago. I would not have anything except an MSD. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat May 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Sorry guys, but my bad luck with their products 2 times in a row has persuaded me to never buy from them again. I like Accel, never tried Mallory but have heard nothing but good things until now. I also wouldn't mind trying out Pertronix.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat May 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Pertronix is great if you don't want to spend a lot of money. One of their kits lets you keep your old distributor, and you can put it on in like 20 minutes with a screwdriver. It gets rid of your points and makes your car run much more reliably. I haven't gotten it on my car, but I'm stuck between that or a good HEI.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 pm

I was actually talking about something like this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PNX%2DD1001&N=700+4294908216+4294925062+4294840140+4294908177+4294881256+4294881241+4294881252+115&autoview=sku
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by moneypit73 Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 pm

ive got a stock dist, points style. converted it over to the accel electronic ignition. accel superstock coil. has a ignition kill set at 6000rpm. i LOVE IT. the curve kit in it has heavy weights and light springs, NO advance canister hooked up. capped off a carb. all in at 2200. FULL advance. init. timing is 14 degrees adv; total is 34. 94 octane ALWAYS. not a smidge of spark knock.iv got quite a few friends that are running stock stuff witha little mod here and there. theres really no need to run a 500.00 dist if your not running 12.1 or more comp, over 550 lft cam. 10 in converter and 7000 rpms. dont make a bit of difference. save yor money.
moneypit73
moneypit73
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sat May 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Rago wrote:I was actually talking about something like this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PNX%2DD1001&N=700+4294908216+4294925062+4294840140+4294908177+4294881256+4294881241+4294881252+115&autoview=sku

Pertronix is good stuff
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat May 02, 2009 10:25 pm

I believe you are mistaken about MSD not making a difference.........All in what you have had luck with i guess.............Had hot hei in nova drag car mild 350 ....changed to MSD increased jets 2 sizes and lowered idle.....definatly crisper and faster
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun May 03, 2009 1:27 am

I've got a Mallory unilite ,no vacuum adv. it works well.My 73 has the Petronix conversion, easy to do and also works well. My buddy put a street fire HEI in his Chevelle and I cant get that not to ping with more that 14 Deg. initial . It not a sick motor either maybe 9.1 flat top pistons and 93 octane and no vac adv.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun May 03, 2009 1:32 am

Why not try these guys

http://www.performancedistributors.com/
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun May 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Nice link.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sat May 09, 2009 1:57 pm

she runs again. i bought mallory hei distributor fo 170 so far works great.
no hesitation fast off the line and when i put my foot in it it goes like all hell just need to finish putting on new cap and coil and should get my rpms back. ill let everyone know how it works but so far its really good plus made in usa on everything
[img]anybody try a streetfire distributor? Mallor10[/img]
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat May 09, 2009 2:00 pm

THATS WHY I RUN MALLORY BROTHER VERY DEPENDABLE AND MADE IN GOOD OL USA

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down