G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings

4 posters

Go down

73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings Empty 73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings

Post by A_Tame76 Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm

whats up everyone? Wondering if somebody can tell me if the fender and quarter chrome rocker moldings for a 2 dr are the same as for a 4dr? I also suspect that these moldings may not fit the 1973? You help is appreciated!

Also, if anyone has a need for a set of NOS door rocker moldings, let me know. I have a set that I want to sell. They are both in the original GM wrap. The passenger side appears to have no scratches. The drivers side has a small scratch about 1/2" long and about 3 inches from the front edge of it. I think this spot could be polished to made look very nice still (not that it really would jump out as it is now). If someone has experience in working with this type of metal, you could roll it out from the back and smooth and polish it to near perfection. I would like to get 250 for the pair. If interested, just let me know and I can send some photos. If nobody wants them, I'll just toss them on ebay on Sunday.

Thanks!
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings Empty Re: 73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings

Post by IndyG3 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 pm

I don't need them, but I had a funny story about NOS rocker moldings.

When my dad built his 74 chevelle back in the mid 90's, he wanted a set of those. For some laughs, he went to the parts counter at a chevy dealer, and they actually had a single set of them in stock. According to them, it was the last set available from GM through the parts counter in all of Indiana! Total cost in 1996? About $50! Laughing

My, how things change!

Sorry to jack your thread like that Tame76, it just got me thinking....
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings Empty Re: 73-77 Malibu/Chevelle rocker moldings

Post by A_Tame76 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Hey...I can believe it. In 96, I would imagine there were lots more of our parts out there...and not nearly as many people looking for em back then compared to now. If we only could have known!
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Man, no kidding! It's a shame no one has any of the parts that anyone really needs! It took me almost 5 months to find the cowl trim for my hood!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those rocker moldings made of stainless steel, or did they change the materials for the different years?
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 pm

I believe they are stainless...but I could be wrong, Im not 100%. I think they were stainless from the factory.
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:00 am

It wouldn't surprise me. Most of the big pieces of trim were made out of stainless steel on these cars, so they could be. It's almost a shame that they didn't make the bumpers out of polished stainless. Sure, they'd cost like $1,000 for a set of bumpers, but at least they wouldn't fall apart!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 am

I have them..... In perfect condition.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:17 pm

son of a BLAH, i just paid $200 to get all of my rocker molding polished which was a good price...man i would haved loved to get these
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum