G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .

+6
74MonteCarlo
ant7377
abajc3
Jedediah
IndyG3
HDHugger
10 posters

Go down

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good . Empty Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .

Barry Grant Carbs Is closing his doors after filing chapter 7 and liquidation .
As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good . Empty Re: Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .

Post by HDHugger Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:32 pm

That's so sad! I can't even imagine being in a situation so depressing.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good . Empty Re: Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Never heard of 'em.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 pm

how about Demon carbs ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:06 pm

I think so...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Limey wrote:how about Demon carbs ??

All these were owned by Barry Grant and now defunct

Barry Grant is closing its doors for good . DemonBarry Grant is closing its doors for good . BgfuelBarry Grant is closing its doors for good . NitrousBarry Grant is closing its doors for good . Rush

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Mhm...think I've only heard of Demon.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Sucks that they went out of business. They have had quite a few quality control issues in the last few years so this didn't really surprise me to be honest.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:11 am

a friend of mine bought a demon carb and luckily he opened it prior to the instalation,because it was full of metal shavings.

But on the other hand ive heard quite a few good things about those carbs. Do you think that we might expect some sort of sale now when they are closing?

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:29 am

The Road demon Jr i have seems to be a very nice carb. Too bad for him he even lost his home. Bet none of the big wall street guys that helped to cause the economy to tank lost their homes.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 am

IndyG3 wrote:Sucks that they went out of business. They have had quite a few quality control issues in the last few years so this didn't really surprise me to be honest.

Times suck, but I think this had to do with some of it too,Summit stopped selling their carbs
years ago do to quality issues.You hate to hear this stuff ,very sad.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:34 am

I like my Rochesters Cool

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:I like my Rochesters Cool

i have to buy one of those to try out, i hear they get great mileage due to small primaries. that would be great for long drives to the car shows where performance isnt the main goal

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm

My dad tried both a Holley and a Edelbrock on his 70 Chevelle (396 BB) and it ran like total $#!T with both of them, no matter what. Went back to a good ole Rochester Quadra Jet.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:30 pm

i have an edelbrock on my 350 at the moment and im quite satisfied, but then again ive never owned anything else so i have nothing to compare it to. its a shitty carb/intake combo though, 500cfm carb atop of a single plane manifold. cant figure out what good is that.

how much do rochesters go for in the US?

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm

-shrug- no idea, lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Q-jets are Great for a street car.There are guys that can do wonders with them and you can buy them in the J-yard for 50 bucks .Get the book with the by doug roe and it has all the tricks in it. They go from about 750-800 CFM obviously bigger ones on a bigger motor.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Just bolting on a Holley or Edelbrock out of the box is no guarantee it will match the engine without some tweaking. The average person needing a carb should just buy the same model it came with, if they aren't into fooling with carbs.

Too bad about Barry Grant. Hiring help to do what he did best may have been a problem.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I have a Holley 2bbl from a '76 Chevy Van my grandpa used to have. Had a 350 as well. Too bad it won't work on my car.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 am

Sad news indeed. I always wanted to try out a Demon carb, but after hearing some of the horror stories out there about them I never did buy one.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 pm

The factory he had must not have had a decent inspection dept. A place is only as good as the people who work there, and that even includes auto parts stores, as most of us here have found out.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

The Barry Grant website is still active.
I just looked at it the other day to see if they made a specific 780cfm carb. It struck me odd that the site had not been updated since 2006.

Here is the explanation...

Thanks -

Jerry
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:58 pm

call the 800 number and you will get the recording saying they closed

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

No Limey, don't get me wrong, I believe you.

It's just ironic that I wondered why a big business didn't update the on-line catalogs since 2006.
And then after seeing the press release you have posted, it all adds up.

I guess Holley wins that war.
They are still alive after reorganization.

Thanks -

Jerry
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:23 pm

O right now I get what you were saying duh on me

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down