G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Collar Buick front suspension

+3
Limey SE
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
IndyG3
7 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

Blue Collar Buick front suspension Empty Blue Collar Buick front suspension

Post by The Dude Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 am

http://powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_num=MC2010-12&ep_show=MC

The first half of this episode gives a pretty decent explanation on rebuilding your front suspension. Enjoy! Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Blue Collar Buick front suspension Empty Re: Blue Collar Buick front suspension

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 am

wish they would have done this about 9 months ago when i rebuilt the suspension on my el camino...but i will vouch for the parts they used. i used moog and energy stuff w/ KYB shocks on my 74 and im very happy with the results.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 am

I like this episode. It goes to show that even an "OEM" style rebuild can give you very good performance gains. You know, compared to 30 year old parts...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 am

agree with you there indy...so many people spend a ton of money on this high dollar brand name stuff (i mean more than just suspension btw) when it just isnt necessary.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Rockford Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Dude I just seen the finished car. Holy shit it makes me want to vomit..paints blows, wheels really suck... over all it looks horrible.
Jim_Rockford
Jim_Rockford
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Jim_Rockford wrote:Dude I just seen the finished car. Holy shit it makes me want to vomit..paints blows, wheels really suck... over all it looks horrible.
Well that's now twice that a big time media name just screwed up a G3 (Musclecar Blue Collar Buick Turd, PHR Project Talledaga Turd), and only once that they did it right (Overhaulin Surfer Kid Clapp). At least PHR did pretty good in the performance department, Musclecar just halfassed there way through the looks after all the metal work was done and didn't even TRY to improve anything in the performance.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

honestly man the rims are what kills the car, other than that, i thought the blue collar buick was decent
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 am

They were heading in the right direction with the door handles, tail lights, and metal work to the bumpers. But they ruined the look for me when they painted the bumpers instead of chrome (like they originally planned), and dying the interior mostly gray instead of a clean black. Problem is that those are so large of pieces to the whole car to make look cheap that it overshadows all the other good work. And of course we ALL hate the wheels.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 am

Am I the only one who can not get the video to play? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Malicruiser wrote:
Jim_Rockford wrote:Dude I just seen the finished car. Holy whoa nelly it makes me want to vomit..paints blows, wheels really suck... over all it looks horrible.
Well that's now twice that a big time media name just screwed up a G3 (Musclecar Blue Collar Buick Turd, PHR Project Talledaga Turd), and only once that they did it right (Overhaulin Surfer Kid Clapp). At least PHR did pretty good in the performance department, Musclecar just halfassed there way through the looks after all the metal work was done and didn't even TRY to improve anything in the performance.

Guess you missed the "Pimp My Ride" 77 Malibu?

pimp my ride - chevrolet malibu

Why does everyone try to go all out on over the top looks for these cars when a simple bumper tuck (for non-Lagunas) & some decent wheels/tires would go a long way? I must be stuck in the 1990's for what I want to do to mine. I just don't get the big wheels I guess. PHR could still have a sweet ride if they dump the orange graphics & get some different wheels IMHO though. On the bright side, we have still yet to see the Cutlass come out into the media. Could we see a Car Craft Cutlass in the classic fashion of El Cheapo coming our way? High Performance Pontiac magazine has already covered the 73-77 Ponchos fairly decently I believe so it might not be too much to ask of them for an A Body project. I don't read that rag much so I'm not even sure though.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Am I the only one who can not get the video to play? JB

http://powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_num=MC2010-22&ep_show=MC

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Malicruiser wrote:They were heading in the right direction with the door handles, tail lights, and metal work to the bumpers. But they ruined the look for me when they painted the bumpers instead of chrome (like they originally planned),

another excellent point, i think painting the bumpers on these cars looks tacky most of the time, unless their black or a non bright color..orange..it looks like vomit.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I like it all the wheels can be overlooked but there not as bad as some of them I have seen on our type of cars overall I give them an A+ for even choosing this type of car !!!!!!!!!!

Also they didn't raise the car to fit them either, in my opinion are not bad

Blue Collar Buick front suspension MC2010-22

Last edited by Limey on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm not complaining too much except for the wheels & choosing to dye the seats gray. It seems a black/gray two tone seat like the door panels would have been more fitting. OTOH, I did like the dash repair idea. The bumper looks alright considering how it was chopped up & being on a budget almost kills the idea of re-chroming it. Out all of the G3's that I've seen the media try to build up, Holley's wagon probably has it down the best.

http://www.holley.com/ProjectCars/ProjectCar.asp?Car=4

Blue Collar Buick front suspension Hrdp_1009w_015_o+2010_holley_LS_fest_photo_gallery+
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Limey wrote:
JB2wheeler wrote:Am I the only one who can not get the video to play? JB

http://powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_num=MC2010-22&ep_show=MC
Thanks Limey. It worked. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 am

Rago wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:
Jim_Rockford wrote:Dude I just seen the finished car. Holy whoa nelly it makes me want to vomit..paints blows, wheels really suck... over all it looks horrible.

Guess you missed the "Pimp My Ride" 77 Malibu?
No.....that one's stored away in the repressed memories section of my mind! Evil or Very Mad
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Rockford Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:04 pm

The black might not have been bad on the hood if they had done the WHOLE hood, Now it just looks like rally stripes gone bad. the wheels just totally do not fit the car, looks or size, That whoa nelly belong in the 'hood'
Jim_Rockford
Jim_Rockford
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Permissions in this forum: