G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need to make up my mind with my caprice

5 posters

Go down

need to make up my mind with my caprice Empty need to make up my mind with my caprice

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:35 pm

should i stick with the silver bowtie or keep the r-w-b emblem on the steering wheel.
need to make up my mind with my caprice Capswh13
need to make up my mind with my caprice Cap_rw10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

need to make up my mind with my caprice Empty Re: need to make up my mind with my caprice

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Meh, tough one,

I think i like the rwb better. white car, red interior.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

need to make up my mind with my caprice Empty Re: need to make up my mind with my caprice

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Meh, tough one,

I think i like the rwb better. white car, red interior.
yes sir,and i was thinking of painting the rallies the same color as the s-wheel.like i had it 7 years ago.
need to make up my mind with my caprice 2003_c11
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 pm

That's a pretty cool idea, Rago will bi&*h about the rally's though, painted or otherwise pirat
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:That's a pretty cool idea, Rago will bi&*h about the rally's though, painted or otherwise pirat

calm down RAGO.hehehehehe Head Bang
they are just going to be on there 'till I get the aluminum corvette wheels on it.

need to make up my mind with my caprice New_ve12
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:06 pm

He's not online at the moment, but he is smiling and trying to figure out why.

PS-Package en route to you......ETA Saturday....envelope in box, so don't throw it out w/ the packing stuff!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:

PS-Package en route to you......ETA Saturday....envelope in box, so don't throw it out w/ the packing stuff!!

thanx dude...
your the greatest.....
Wink
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 am

.................... First reaction > Head Bang
Second reaction. Ahhhhh......... (sigh of relief)
LOL just kidding, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You know I sat back the other night & tried to figure out what makes those wheels so ugly & I think it's the center cap. I like dog dish caps on plain steel wheels, & smoothies look OK without caps on old rods, so these aren't much different. It has to be the ugly A$$ cap. Just so I don't develop an A-hole reputation, I'll quit knocking the Rally wheels. I'm done. Razz

Also to answer your question, I kind of like the silver bowtie better. It's a toss up though because both look cool.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 am

You're done??? Please......where is the fun in that.

I'm with you on the rally's to some extent, I don't hate, but they do bore me a bit because they really are on everything. A little overdone. When I started seeing them on S-10s back in the eighties is when I thought it was getting out of hand.
I like to see them on the big cars, like Chris's Caprice , the big Chevelle's just about any late 60's to early eighties chevy. But when you see 'em on a early nineties Blazer? Or a 40s hot rod? C'mon man.

I like to see them on what they came on originally, but it is a relief to see the Nova/Camaro rally sometimes. Had those on my 74.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

Rago wrote:.................... First reaction > Head Bang
Second reaction. Ahhhhh......... (sigh of relief)
LOL just kidding, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You know I sat back the other night & tried to figure out what makes those wheels so ugly & I think it's the center cap. I like dog dish caps on plain steel wheels, & smoothies look OK without caps on old rods, so these aren't much different. It has to be the ugly A$$ cap. Just so I don't develop an A-hole reputation, I'll quit knocking the Rally wheels. I'm done. Razz

Also to answer your question, I kind of like the silver bowtie better. It's a toss up though because both look cool.

i think your right about the center cap on the rally wheel, i personally like them but idk about the caps, they loook to bulky and stick out to far, right now my rally wheels are just all black without the trim ring and center cap, my friend got 4 new centercaps that fit with the rally wheel and they look so slick, its hard to explain but its all smooth and the center pops out, if i ever find a picture of them ill show you guys

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:

I like to see them on what they came on originally, but it is a relief to see the Nova/Camaro rally sometimes. Had those on my 74.

you can get those in a 15x7 or 15x8 now from Coker tire
http://store.cokertire.com/nova-style-rallye-2.html
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 pm

cromags76 wrote:

my friend got 4 new centercaps that fit with the rally wheel and they look so slick, its hard to explain but its all smooth and the center pops out, if i ever find a picture of them ill show you guys

here is a neet looking cap for the rallies.
http://store.cokertire.com/49-chevy-cap-chrome-for-rallye-wheels-7-back-diameter.html
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 am

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:

you can get those in a 15x7 or 15x8 now from Coker tire
http://store.cokertire.com/nova-style-rallye-2.html

David's Rally Wheels sells them in a 15x8 & 15x10. Cost is $170 each shipped for the 15x8 though. Their listed price is only $125, so shipping must be a killer for them? Didn't want to ask the price for a 15x10 since the listed price is $190.

Rally America sells 15x8 -$100 each 15x10 - $140 each. Center caps are $18 each, but they didn't have any available when I called.

Both places also carry 14x6, 14x7, 14x8, 15x6, & 15x7 sizes. The 15x10's have 5" backspacing, 15x8 have 4.5" backspacing.

I already looked around to find some bigger rears for my wife's car. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

the best looking wheel you can put on that body style of Caprice is the late 80's/early 90's Trans Am GTA "rear" wheel. the offset is just about perfect, and you should be able to pick up a set of 4 of them cheap from a GN owner that had 2 buy 2 sets of wheels to get the 4 "fronts" for their car.
i wish i had a pic of the 86 Caprice i had a few years ago that i put those wheels on. with the worn out springs that dropped the car about 3" from stock and the black mesh GTA wheels with polished lips, the car looked evil. it drove really nice with the lighter wheels, too.
then you just need to get a set of the most common sized tires on the road right now- 225/60/16- and you are set.. and your speedo should even be correct if you haven't changed the rear gears or transmission.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down