G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu

4 posters

Go down

im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu Empty im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 pm

i can see my car was origionally a light silver and i am wanting to put it back to that color but i dont know where to find the right paint?

Give Me Beer

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu Empty Re: im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Look here for color codes:
https://www.g3gm.com/body-f6/73-77-chevelle-vin-body-tag-codes-t1571.htm

I'm guessing it's Silver Poly, but in 77 here were the only two choices for silver/grey

13 - Silver Poly
16 - Medium Gray Poly

The Body tag located on your firewall will say one of these two numbers. That's your paint code. A good paint supply store should be able to find the paint or a close match. I'm sure there's places online, but you'll probably pay $$$.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu Empty Re: im looking for the factory color sheet for my 77 malibu

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 am

Rago wrote:Look here for color codes:
https://www.g3gm.com/body-f6/73-77-chevelle-vin-body-tag-codes-t1571.htm

I'm guessing it's Silver Poly, but in 77 here were the only two choices for silver/grey

13 - Silver Poly
16 - Medium Gray Poly

The Body tag located on your firewall will say one of these two numbers. That's your paint code. A good paint supply store should be able to find the paint or a close match. I'm sure there's places online, but you'll probably pay $$$.

thx ya its silver poly it says 13t pnt

is there any way you could help me decode the rest of the numbers on the tag? i dont know anything about decoding this but i figured out the vin number

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

same page you got the paint code from you will decode the tag there as well

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 am

Limey wrote:same page you got the paint code from you will decode the tag there as well

its confusing this is what my tag says

"st 77 1ad37 d131065 bdy
tr 71n a6513l 13t pnt
12c"

idk how to figure any of it out!?!

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 am

http://chevelleinfo.com/1977/paint.htm
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 am

dragons_lair59@yahoo.com wrote:http://chevelleinfo.com/1977/paint.htm

thx a lot that really helped , its definately silver poly and thanks

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am

no proble ran cross it trying to find codes for my monte
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 am

Fisher Body Tag info
Fisher Body Style Number (ST) consists of a prefix identifying model year & four or more symbols identifying the series & body style

st 77 1d37 = 1977 Chevrolet Malibu Classic two-door pillared hardtop coupe

Not sure why there is an "a" there? Typo maybe?

Body Number consists of a prefix designating assembly plant & sequential unit production number at the specific factory

d131065 bdy = Doraville, Georgia #131065

Trim Number (TR) identifies upholstery

tr 71n a6513l 13t = I don't have my book with me to identify the upholstery at the moment, but I can say the "13t" should mean Silver Vinyl Top.

Paint code should be this part I think. It's hard to tell without seeing it. = pnt 12c
Problem is, that's not a paint code. Paint codes are just two numbers with no letters & 12 wasn't a 1977 color. Snap a photo if you can.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Rago wrote:Fisher Body Tag info
Fisher Body Style Number (ST) consists of a prefix identifying model year & four or more symbols identifying the series & body style

st 77 1d37 = 1977 Chevrolet Malibu Classic two-door pillared hardtop coupe

Not sure why there is an "a" there? Typo maybe?

Body Number consists of a prefix designating assembly plant & sequential unit production number at the specific factory

d131065 bdy = Doraville, Georgia #131065

Trim Number (TR) identifies upholstery

tr 71n a6513l 13t = I don't have my book with me to identify the upholstery at the moment, but I can say the "13t" should mean Silver Vinyl Top.

Paint code should be this part I think. It's hard to tell without seeing it. = pnt 12c
Problem is, that's not a paint code. Paint codes are just two numbers with no letters & 12 wasn't a 1977 color. Snap a photo if you can.

hmm so basically all of this is the same info i can find out from the vin number
and i know for a fact the color is silver poly because of the paint chip sheet someone helped me find and makes sense that it had a silver vinyl top, with red interior, hmmm
i have no clue either what the 12c is but i typed it exactly like it shows on the tag, the 12c is on the 3rd line all by itself

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down