G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today?

+10
1973 454 MONTE
dcrews
bigredlaguna
JB2wheeler
Roadcaptain S3
moneypit73
alowerlevel
j
chevy76monteman
Famstyle
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today? Empty Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today?

Post by alowerlevel Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Anyone else watch it? They just bought a $1500 '73 Century for their new project build. If you missed it it should be on again tomorrow at 12:30pm on Spike tv.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today? Empty Re: Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today?

Post by j Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:46 pm

looks like moneypits ride...he's even in the process of painting his silver !!!!
j
j
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today? Empty Re: Anyone see "Musclecar" on Spike today?

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42 pm

I saw it. The car looked like a great deal at first, but then I saw the roof and that told me a story. Sure enough, after they took a closer look at it in the shop they found a lot of bondo under a new cheap paint job. Its a nice car, I wish them luck. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:52 pm

j wrote:looks like moneypits ride...he's even in the process of painting his silver !!!!

We used to have a member here called MONEYPIT pretty cool guy as well but then just disappeared off the face of earth

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:44 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:I saw it. The car looked like a great deal at first, but then I saw the roof and that told me a story. Sure enough, after they took a closer look at it in the shop they found a lot of bondo under a new cheap paint job. Its a nice car, I wish them luck. JB

Yeah I was like Shocked when I saw the roof. Wonder how they are planing to fix it, if they are gonna try to patch it Rolling Eyes or put a whole skin on it. Im betting they are gonna skin it and use the roof from the 73 chevelle they looked at in the yard earlier.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 pm

man i glad you guys are on top of things! i had too go to werk, didn't see rest of the show! You guys should see if have a internet site so you and this forum might advise those knuckleheads!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 pm

I WANT THE FOOSE POOL TABLE !!!!!!! lol!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:03 pm

I about choked on my food when he said that finding interior stuff shouldn't be too hard
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 pm

LMAO!
Who would put a Chevy motor in a Buick?
I couldn't agree more. The look on their faces was priceless. That Chevelle was tweaked though. I couldn't see it for more than a parts car.

You can't expect a whole lot for $1,500
Where are you looking? Rolling Eyes

All in all, I'm extremely excited to see this project! Ladies & gentlemen, we just upped the G3 ante from "ugly sister" to magazine project & G3 coverage (PHR) & now we've got a full-on TV project car to look forward to! Looks like parts for these are gonna start getting even more common. Not that I'm complaining about all of the companies that have already stepped up like DSE, Global West, The Paddock, & several others. Wonder what their plans are for this Buick other than a 455? I'm betting drag car, but a pro touring or autocross ride would sure showcase what's out there for us & the potential that these cars have.

Yeah somebody should get in touch with them ASAP to let them know about us. I imagine the filming for this project is about halfway done already. Would be cool to get a sneak preview.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 pm

I just contacted them here:

info@musclecartelevision.com

At least they will be aware of the forum's presence & might check us out.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 pm

I missed it yesterday because I was at the P.I.R. opening day yesterday until 2. Check out the pictures at that link.

I won't be missing the episode today. Maybe this will be the turning point for our cars. If we get more recognition like this, maybe the aftermarket world will start producing reproduction parts for us.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by j Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Limey wrote:
j wrote:looks like moneypits ride...he's even in the process of painting his silver !!!!

We used to have a member here called MONEYPIT pretty cool guy as well but then just disappeared off the face of earth
i'll give him a swift kick in the nuts for ya !!! maybe he can show some picts of his "paintjob in process"
j
j
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:04 pm

I saw it this morning, gonna be fun to watch this one. I've always dug that show. I'm sure they will catch some flack abouy their choice and whether it's a muscle car or not.
SIXTY DEGREES outside here, so it was darn hard to sit still for a half hour, but it was worth it. Yes, we are outside wearing t-shirts and watching the last giant mounds of snow melt!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:20 pm

j wrote:
Limey wrote:

i'll give him a swift kick in the nuts for ya !!! maybe he can show some picts of his "paintjob in process"

Tell him that that KICK was delivered with LOVE from Anthony and to show me what them rallys look like on his ride LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm

I buy a whole lot of aircraft stripper for that car.
All that crusty paint on it has to come off.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang

dont have cable anymore someone link it please Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:13 pm

i cant find it,but i'm close
http://www.spike.com/show/32859?tabId=32864&fxn=getTabMembers
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:28 pm

I seen them and it wasn't up loaded yet...........

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:I about choked on my food when he said that finding interior stuff shouldn't be too hard
x2, I actually started laughing when he said that.

Rago wrote:LMAO!
Who would put a Chevy motor in a Buick?
I couldn't agree more. The look on their faces was priceless. That Chevelle was tweaked though. I couldn't see it for more than a parts car.

You can't expect a whole lot for $1,500
Where are you looking? Rolling Eyes

All in all, I'm extremely excited to see this project! Ladies & gentlemen, we just upped the G3 ante from "ugly sister" to magazine project & G3 coverage (PHR) & now we've got a full-on TV project car to look forward to! Looks like parts for these are gonna start getting even more common. Not that I'm complaining about all of the companies that have already stepped up like DSE, Global West, The Paddock, & several others. Wonder what their plans are for this Buick other than a 455? I'm betting drag car, but a pro touring or autocross ride would sure showcase what's out there for us & the potential that these cars have.

Yeah somebody should get in touch with them ASAP to let them know about us. I imagine the filming for this project is about halfway done already. Would be cool to get a sneak preview.

x2 again on the "not expect alot for $1500" I got my '73 for $1200 and its alot cleaner than the car they got.

I will say this can only be good for all of us that own and love these cars, as the more exposure these cars get the more parts will be available for them. Between this show, PHR's build, and ACES/Chevelle World showing and excepting them things can only get better from here.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moneypit73 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:08 am

ouch, my nuts hurt. an yes im still alive. haahahaha. still got the ole buick, as the temption to sell was squashed. sooooooo, ive been hiding as the body shop learning the craft of proper body work, not the hack work i did!! i do have pics, yet they are still in my camera. an ive changed color scheme 3 times now. slow going, as i still have not found work, so thanks to my X im using my child support to support the paint job. thanks you crazy bi%ch!! with of couse the blessing of my wife. ahahahaha im back to raise some hell!!
moneypit73
moneypit73
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 am

WELL LOOK WHO CRAWLED OUTTA THE WOODWORK LMAO hERES AN iCE PAK lolWelcome back buddy now get us all caUGHT UP TO SPEED WHAT YOU BEEN UP TO SART A POST MAN

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Why dont you guys join up over here http://www.mypowerblock.com/
thats the site for the powerblock series of shows .Then maybe we can all steer
the restoration of that car in the right way!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 pm

ant7377 wrote:Why dont you guys join up over here http://www.mypowerblock.com/

I'm already there........
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/45473MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGYg5GuLqXY&feature=channel
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
ant7377 wrote:Why dont you guys join up over here http://www.mypowerblock.com/

I'm already there........
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/45473MONTE

as well

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/limey

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next