G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle

3 posters

Go down

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle Empty Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle

Post by wbaker01 Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

ISO - Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle. PM me if you have one/know of one or something equivalent that would work..

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle Empty Re: Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle

Post by Joe73 Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Bill, how did all the info I sent you work out.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle Empty Re: Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle

Post by wbaker01 Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Joe, it worked. Looks like there are some differences between the manual and power steering pitman arm. If I can't find a manual pitman arm, will be sticking with power steering.

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Wow. Talk about a needle in the haystack. Don't think I've ever seen seen a 3rd gen car or el camino without power steering.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by wbaker01 Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Needle in a haystack? Yes..

Some 73 Chevelle's (and El Camino's I'd guess) came with manual steering, Joe73 has a 73 SS with factory manual steering.

These pitman arms are pretty hard to find hence this post. My hope is that someone new may see this and may have found an alternative pitman arm that could be used.

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Heres pics of my original 73 manual box and pitman arm from my car.  Had it rebuilt and the owner called me when he received it inquiring as to what it came out of.  He stated it was a heavy duty box with a pitman arm he hasnt seen before.  The chrome main shaft with the cap on it is and actual NOS piece that he installed.  I paid $20 bucks extra for him to paint it the factory original colors. He said he has manuals explaining all the detailing on steering boxes.

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle Steeri10

Manual steering pitman arm for a 1973 Chevelle Steeri12
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down