G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete shifter assembly

5 posters

Go down

complete shifter assembly Empty complete shifter assembly

Post by Vinni406 Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:34 pm

In search of complete shifter assembly. The two parts that go to the tranny the u-shape bracket that allows you to shift gears and the back mounting bracket that holds the shifter cable and "L" shape bracket that bolts to the shifter and bolts to the floor.
Can anyone help ?

Vinni406
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

complete shifter assembly Empty Re: complete shifter assembly

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:06 am

I've got the "L" bracket...although, chances are that it would come with a shifter A$$'y if someone has one. I might even be able to scare up a shifter for you. Not sure if I have the (2) pcs that attach to the tranny. Will have to look thru my stash of parts.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 am

If it's for manual transmission Hurst makes this stuff but it doesn't have the big l bra let might be worth a look on Craigslist for an old three speed set up
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinni406 Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:I've got the "L" bracket...although, chances are that it would come with a shifter A$$'y if someone has one.  I might even be able to scare up a shifter for you.  Not sure if I have the (2) pcs that attach to the tranny.  Will have to look thru my stash of parts.

that would be awsome if you can find the complete shifter.the one thats on ebay is incomplete so let me know if you have it and would like to sell it. trying to convert my 73 from bench and column shift over to buckets and console. i have eveything else but shifter and parts

Vinni406
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinni406 Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:31 am

McCauley5983 wrote:If it's for manual transmission Hurst makes this stuff but it doesn't have the big l bra let might be worth a look on Craigslist for an old three speed set up

its for an automatic car

Vinni406
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:51 pm

In case you dont care for originality and just want the floor shift. I wanted mine converted to but couldent find the right Stock 73 parts. So i modified the 72 horseshoe shifter and centerconsole to fit my 73. It looks Stock and works just fine. The l bracket i just flipped upside Down on the tranny, and i bought a complete console and shifter from a 72 ss. Its the same shifter as in Monte Carlo and more. So its easier to get hold of. Opgi has complete set and parts of both the shifter and console. Just for info.

Of course If you are all about original it wont work, but for a guy like me i can say it looks Real cool. Took a bit of work and time but was worth it.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44 pm

ebay has them all day long. even the bolt to hold cable end to bracket
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Montec is probably right. Pick up pcs here and there to complete the setup. Unfortunately, I don't have any of them right now.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:03 pm

don't show chris,he might buy it first.....lol haha I would think the pan bracket would be the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-FIREBIRD-FORMULA-TRANS-AM-TH350-automatic-shifter-cable-brackets-/201696007002?hash=item2ef604d35a:g:8bYAAOSwal5YCSkB&vxp=mtr
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down